Tuesday, February 24, 2009

it would have taken about 15 minutes to walk home from coolidge corner last night, but i was cold and hopeful. i lost my winter hat, forgot my 180s (glorified ear muffs) and left my gloves in the car... the car my wife had... oh, and i didn't feel like spending the $6 for a cab.
i had already waited for the 66 bus for a solid 15 minutes, so i was still trying to warm up when i got to coolidge corner. at 12:10, i was hopeful a train would come soon.
i stood and stood and waited. the train never came. the mbta website says it was supposed to go by at 12:20... at 12:35, as i probably approached hypotheria, the last train of the night (going the other way)went by. the operator was nice enough to signal to me there were no more trains coming. so, freezing, i flagged down a cab and headed home.

No comments: