Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Has blogging become passe?

Probably not.
but with the new job, the new puppy on the way, the holidays and my general lack of motivation, it hasn't been a top priority.

The days of combining exercise and transportation are all but finished.
Now I spend my days driving a gas-guzzling fake suv that only pulls in 25 miles per gallon.

The one thing I'd like to comment on today is gym memberships. My old job allowed me to pay roughly $12 a month to be a member. And since I needed to shower each day on my way to work (because I was sweating while i biked, ran or rollerbladed in), I got my money worth from the shower alone. That deal will be done at the end of this month.

So, do I join a new one? because of where I live, anything that's conveniently located is going to run me upwards of $75 a month. $75 a month to 1. run/bike and 2. lift.
The cold doesn't bother me, so as long as it's not slippery (snowing), i can do cardio outside.
So basically, I'm paying almost $3 a day to pick things up.
Currrent stance : undecided, leaning toward NO.

I'd like to know where health clubs get off charging people. When I worked for a moving company, I used to spend the day lifting and walking... and I got paid for it.
I suppose if you can convince people to pay to do something most of them don't like to do, you might as well take advantage... not to mention, if you own a gym, you don't have to pay the membership fee.

No comments: