Thursday, August 7, 2008

two things i didn't see coming...

i decided i wasn't going to squish into the front of the green line train today. i had the monthly pass on me, so i held it up and headed for a back door. when i stepped on board, i immediately noticed two things afoul: An overwhelming and horrible stench of body odor consuming the train along with several security cameras.
The security cameras were probably installed to catch gropers, thieves and vandals in the act. It's the first time i've noticed them on a 'c' line train. I imagine they work as a fantastic deterrent to the offending parties. As a lax libertarian, i don't particularly care for them, but i'm not doing anything wrong, so they ain't gonna catch me...

Unfortunately, there's one thing the cameras can't catch that i wish they would... it's an offending odor... Thus, my sense of smell was forced to suffer on my morning commute... If only closed-circuit smell-o-vision really existed..

No comments: