Wednesday, July 9, 2008

to the lady who pushed me on the T

to the lady who pushed me at Park Street: You achieved what you wanted, you've royally pissed me off. Here's a few things you may not be aware of: I pay for my ride. Because of that, I have just as much of a right to stand anywhere I want on the T as any other paying customer. If it's crowded, I'm going to respect people's personal space and try to stand where there's room... often times, especially on a green line train, that's by the door. When the doors are open, I will squeeze to the side so people can get through the doorway. I'm not blocking the door, there's plenty of room to fit two wide through the middle.
Next time you angrily proclaim "excuse me!", I won't step off the train because you don't feel like walking around me. You CAN go around me. And, if I do step off the train, and you still shove your way into me like you did today, and tell me I can't stand there (like you did today), I might, instead of swearing at you like i did today, drag you back on the train and give you a lesson in etiquette. I pay my fare. I, along with all the other T customers, have the right to stand wherever I want during the train ride I paid for. You DON'T have the right to invade my personal space and shove me. Paying your fare doesn't give you that right. You DON'T have the right to be rude to me. Paying your fare doesn't give you that right either. I'm making an effort to be as out-of-the-way as possible. Maybe you should make an effort to be a little nicer.
They say Karma's a bitch... Well, Karma has never pushed me off a train... so what does that make you?

No comments: