Monday, July 21, 2008

Please, Ken... no more!!

Just fix the damn thing already... How hard is it to pave something?
It's July 21st... and nearly 2 months ago, I wrote a blurb about how it was a good idea to tear up the road at Kenmore Square on Memorial Day Weekend while the Red Sox were on the road and work commuters had an extra day off... I quickly took it back... Fast forward to now. The roads in the square remain a disaster. I don't so much mind the construction, but at least pave the roads evenly enough that you don't need a Pinzgauer to get from one side to the other. They have paved the roads, but considering the job that was done, i think the guy driving the paving machine was on meth... So, for the most part, I've been avoiding Kenmore by travelling up Boylston Street instead.

My concern is for this coming Friday. I, along with dozens of other cyclists - will have to face the beast... Bikers from the outskirts of the city will descend on the square on their way to work as part of Bike to Work Friday. The sense of unity with other cyclists is an enjoyable feeling, which is why I very much want to be a part of this event. What is not an enjoyable feeling is battling the giant potholes and large chunks of debris strewn about the roadway.

I will wait at the checkpoint that is Kenmore Square... but I wish the city would move a little faster in taking care of major project, as it has become a major project getting through kenmore square...


No comments: