Wednesday, July 2, 2008

murphy takes a day off

mother nature strikes again... and this time, i was prepared. Lucky for me, Murphy (the one from murphy's law) appears to have taken a day off. Rumor has it, he's been on a weeklong bender. It started innocently enough - a drink with his friend Darwin, but, as Murphy would have it, things went downhill quickly... he somehow wound up naked in a back alley after stumbling into an illegal gambling parlor and proceeding to bet away all of his worldly posessions. just when things looked to be at their worst, he... well, to make a long story short, let's just say, if anything can go wrong, it will and it did... but, i digress.

After a nice long morning skate through the city (in the sunshine), my legs were a little fatigued and I opted to take the T. As I was leaving, I threw open the curtains in the apartment, as has become customary. I immediately noticed Brookline was in the middle of an intense downpour. My unsuccessful search for an umbrella did land me in front of my rain jacket. So, I suited up and headed out. The rain diminished as I walked to the train, all but stopping by the time I arrived on the platform. But, I wasn't ready to give up hope. upon arriving at government center, i stepped out and : DOWNPOURS! as the front entrance clogged up by people who were afraid the rain would melt them, i reached for my rain jacket, weaved through the exit and sauntered out into the rain, and over to bulfinch place.

No comments: