Friday, June 6, 2008

smoking with shorts

Most of the time, I'm a health nut. I've been known to binge from time to time, but haven't we all?
When I do choose to run the bender, something I'll never do is order a Big Mac, large fry and a Diet Coke or a buffalo chicken sandwich, cup of New England Clam chowder and swap the fries for a side salad... oh, and a slice of cheesecake for desert...

You're fighting yourself when you do this. It completely defeats anything you're trying to accomplish. And, your lack of confidence in general becomes apparent in the fact you don't have the confidence to stick with one concept. Healthy? or Not Healthy? Pick One!!!

Observe: a guy today walking near Cambridge street. I'm trailing him, eating my lunch - a protein bar, protein drink and a banana. That's a healthy lunch. This guy has a healthy lunch too. I immediately notice the Whole Foods bag. I can't make out exactly what everything is, but it looks very green. I couldn't get a clean look though because he was blowing cigarette smoke in my face. No heart disease, just lung cancer. Good luck with that.

Without even looking in the bag, there was a clear giveaway. The dude was sporting a pair of
cargo shorts accompanied by... a hooded sweatshirt. Short pants, long sleeves, hood.
Is he Cold or Not? Come to think of it, it doesn't matter... Dude's not going to be allowed out of his hospital gown after he's diagnosed with Lung Cancer.

No comments: