Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Safe and Sound

Security. That's the theme for today.
On my rainy morning run to work, trying to keep my footing through the never ending construction in Kenmore Square, I barely had time to look up and notice the security guard slumped over, leaning against the outside of the Bank of America kiosk. His eyes were closed, head tilted back as he slept on the brick wall pillow. I initially thought, "the guy's sound asleep; it'd be easier to rob the place than to score a ticket to a Bruins game." Side note: I've got season tickets this year. But, after giving it some detailed thought, I reconsidered. I concluded there aren't many things worse than a grumpy man with a gun - not to mention, he's targeting you. It's easy to assume this guy, sound asleep at 8 a.m., isn't a morning person. Past experience reminds me never risk waking a person like that - unless you want to face his/her wrath.
Hopefully, real bank robbers will be smart enough to figure that out and avoid that particular bank/ATM kiosk.

No comments: